How to unlock a Honda Odyssey Radio
This article provides step-by-step instructions for how to unlock a Honda Odyssey radio. The Odyssey in the article is 2005. All Odysseys from 2002 - 2008 share the same radio. The instructions will also work for most other Honda models.
In order to unlock your Honda Odyssey radio, follow these steps:
- Find your car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Find your radio serial number.
- Enter it at unlockcarstereo.com to retrieve your Honda Odyssey radio code.
Step 1: Where to find your Honda Odyssey VIN
If you own a model Odyssey, your VIN can be located on the driver's side door jamb, or in the glove box.
Step 2: Where to find your Honda Odyssey Radio Serial Number
1. Turn on your Honda Odyssey
2. Turn on the radio. It should show "COdE". If not, disconnect the battery for a moment before re-connecting and then try again.
3. Turn the radio off.
4. Simultaneously press buttons 1 and 6. While pressing 1 and 6, turn the radio on.
5. The display should toggle between multiple screens. One screen will display a U followed by the first 4 digits of your serial number (e.g. U2051) while another screen displays an L followed by the last 4 digits of your serial number (e.g. L5641). To discover your complete 8-digit code, simply disregard the letters and combine the two sets of numbers.
For example, combining U2051 and L5641 produce 20515641 as the serial number.
Step 3: Generate your Honda Odyssey Radio Code
Step 4: Enter your Honda Odyssey Radio Code to unlock your radio
1. Switch on your car.
2. Turn on your car radio. You should see "COdE" displayed across the screen. If not, disconnect the battery, wait for a minute and then reconnect it.
3. Use buttons 1-6 to enter your 5-digit code generated through unlockcarstereo.com
4. Your radio should be back on!
To unlock the radio for 2002 - 2008 Honda Odyssey models, you will need to obtain your car's VIN and radio serial number. You can then enter this information at unlockcarstereo.com to generate your Honda Odyssey radio code. This code can be used to unlock your car radio.
We hope that this guide has been helpful!
Frequently Asked Questions
What format is my radio's Serial Number for my Honda Odyssey?
Your serial number for your 2002 - 2008 Honda Odyssey is 8 digits, all numerical (ie no letters).
What do I do if my Honda Odyssey radio is asking for a 4-digit code?
If your Honda Odyssey radio is asking for a 4-digit code and you are unable to enter the code, it could be because the navigation system is locked, NOT the radio. If this is the case, you will need to find the navigation serial number to unlock the navigation system.
How long does it take to receive my radio code?
Your radio code is usually generated immediately. 99% of codes are sent within 10 minutes.
How do I safely retrieve the serial number from the radio unit?
You can safely retrieve the serial number by removing the radio unit from the dashboard. This can be done using professional tools, purchased online. However, you can also do this using kitchen utensils such as spoons or screwdrivers. We do not recommend using knives as this may damage the clips holding your unit in place, or injure the person removing the radio unit.
Why does my Honda Odyssey show an error?
Your Honda Odyssey may show an error with the format "Error N", (where N is a number) when you've entered your radio code incorrectly too many times.
How to reset my Honda radio when it shows an error?
You can reset the radio and stop the error from showing by disconnecting the battery for 3 minutes and then reconnecting. Once it's reset, you can retry your radio code.