How to unlock a Honda Civic Radio
This article provides step-by-step instructions for how to unlock a Honda Civic radio. The Civic in the article is 2011. All Civics from 2006 - 2012 share the same radio. The instructions will also work for most other Honda models.
In order to unlock your Honda Civic radio, follow these steps:
- Find your car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Find your radio serial number.
- Enter it at unlockcarstereo.com to retrieve your Honda Civic radio code.
Step 1: Where to find your Honda Civic VIN
Your Honda Civic VIN can be located on the driver's side door jamb, or in the glove box.
Step 2: Where to find your Honda Civic Radio Serial Number
1. Turn on your Honda Civic
2. Turn on the radio. It should show "Enter Code". If not, disconnect the battery for a moment before re-connecting and then try again.
3. Turn the radio off.
4. With the radio off, simultaneously press buttons 1 and 6.
5. While pressing 1 and 6, turn the radio on.
6. The screen should display your 8-digit serial number. In our case, it's 26307731.
Step 3: Generate your Honda Civic Radio Code
2. Input your VIN, serial number and select "Civic" as the Model.
3. Press "Get Radio Code"
4. Your radio code will be retrieved and emailed to you instantly.
Step 4: How to Enter Honda Civic Radio Code
1. Switch on your car.
2. Turn on your car radio. You should see "Enter Code" displayed across the screen.
3. Use buttons 1-6 to enter your 5-digit code generated through unlockcarstereo.com
4. Your radio should be back on.
To unlock the radio for Honda Civic models, you will need to obtain your car's VIN and radio serial number. You can then enter this information at unlockcarstereo.com to generate your Honda Civic radio code. This code can be used to unlock your car radio.
We hope that this guide has been helpful!
Frequently Asked Questions
What format is my radio's Serial Number for my Honda Civic?
Your serial number for your Honda Civic is 8 digits, all numerical (ie no letters).
What do I do if my Honda Civic radio is asking for a 4-digit code?
If your Honda Civic radio is asking for a 4-digit code and you are unable to enter the code, it could be because the navigation system is locked, NOT the radio. If this is the case, you will need to find the navigation serial number to unlock the navigation system.
How long does it take to receive my radio code?
Your radio code is usually generated immediately. 99% of codes are sent within 10 minutes, however, sometimes codes may take up to 2 hours depending on the complexity and availability of our staff.
How do I safely retrieve the serial number from the radio unit?
You can safely safely retrieve the serial number by removing the radio unit from the dashboard. This can be down using professional tools, purchased online. However, you can also do this using kitchen utensils such as spoons or screwdrivers. We do not recommend using knives as this may damage the clips holding your unit in place, or injure the person removing the radio unit.
Why does my Honda Civic show an error?
Your Honda Civic may show an error with the format "Error N", (where N is a number) when you've entered your radio code incorrectly too many times.
How to reset my Honda radio when it shows an error?
You can reset the radio and stop the error from showing by disconnecting the battery for 3 minutes and then reconnecting.