How to unlock a Honda Accord Radio
This article provides step-by-step instructions for how to unlock a Honda Accord radio. The Accord in the article is 2010. All Accords from 2008 - 2012 share the same radio. The instructions will also work for most other Honda models.
In order to unlock your Honda Accord radio, follow these steps:
- Find your car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Find your radio serial number.
- Enter it at unlockcarstereo.com to retrieve your Honda Accord radio code.
Step 1: Where to find your Honda Accord VIN
Your VIN can be located on the driver's side door jamb, or in the glove box.
Step 2: How to find your Honda Accord Radio Serial Number
1. Turn on your Honda Accord.
2. Turn on the radio. It will display "Enter Code".
3. Turn the radio off so the screen is blank.
4. Simultaneously press buttons 1 and 6 and then press the Power button.
5. The screen will display the serial number for your car radio. Write the serial number down, or better yet, take a photo. This might come in handy later if you have to troubleshoot.
Step 3: Generate your Honda Accord Radio Code
2. Enter your VIN and Serial Number from Steps 1 and 2.
3. Press "Get Radio Code".
4. Your radio code will be sent immediately to the email your provide.
Step 4: Enter your Honda Accord Radio Code to unlock your radio
1. Switch on your car.
2. Turn on your car radio. You should see "Enter Code" displayed across the screen.
3. Use buttons 1-6 to enter your 5-digit code generated through unlockcarstereo.com
4. Your radio should be back on!
To unlock the radio for 2008 - 2012 Honda Accord models, you will need to obtain your car's VIN and radio serial number. You can then enter this information at unlockcarstereo.com to generate your Honda Accord radio code. This code can be used to unlock your car radio.
We hope that this guide has been helpful!
Frequently Asked Questions
What format is my radio's Serial Number for my 2008 - 2012 Honda Accord?
Your serial number for your 2008 - 2012 Honda Accord is 8 digits, all numerical (ie no letters).
What do I do if my Honda Accord radio is asking for a 4-digit code?
If your Honda Accord radio is asking for a 4-digit code and you are unable to enter the code, it could be because the navigation system is locked, NOT the radio. If this is the case, you will need to find the navigation serial number to unlock the navigation system.
How long does it take to receive my radio code?
Your radio code is usually generated immediately. 99% of codes are sent within 10 minutes, however, sometimes codes may take up to 2 hours depending on the complexity and availability of our staff.
How do I safely retrieve the serial number from the radio unit?
You can safely safely retrieve the serial number by removing the radio unit from the dashboard. This can be down using professional tools, purchased online. However, you can also do this using kitchen utensils such as spoons or screwdrivers. We do not recommend using knives as this may damage the clips holding your unit in place, or injure the person removing the radio unit.
Why does my Honda Accord radio show an error?
Your Honda Accord may show an error with the format "Error N", (where N is a number) when you've entered your radio code incorrectly too many times.
How to reset my Honda radio when it shows an error?
You can reset the radio and stop the error from showing by disconnecting the battery for 3 minutes and then reconnecting.