A Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is a unique 17-digit code that is assigned to each individual vehicle. It acts as the vehicle’s fingerprint, as no two vehicles will have the same VIN. The VIN can be used to identify important information about your car such as its manufacturer, year of production, model and even where it was manufactured.
Your vehicle identification number (VIN) can be found on the driver’s side dashboard, near where the windshield meets the hood of your car. It can also be found on the compliance plate in the engine bay, on one of the door posts (where the door latches when it is closed or in a variety of documents related to your vehicle, including its registration and insurance policy.
If you still cannot locate your VIN, contact your local dealership for assistance. They should be able to help you locate the exact location of your VIN.
1. Turn the car ignition to ON.
2. Turn your car radio ON. It should read "COdE". If it does not, remove the backup fuse, reinsert and try again after a minute.
3. Turn the radio OFF.
4. With the radio OFF, simultaneously press the 1 and 6 buttons, then turn the radio ON.
5. The display will toggle between two different screens. Screen 1 shows a U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (e.g. U3113). Screen 2 shows an L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (e.g. L7969).
6. Disregard the letters U and L and combine the 4 first numbers with the second 4 numbers. This is your 8-digit serial number. E.g. U3113 and L7969 combine to become the 8-digit serial number 31337969.
7. Enter the serial number in the form above.
The serial number is also located on the sticker on the radio unit. You'll need to remove the unit to access the serial number.
Pro tip: It may be possible to retrieve the code without removing the stereo unit completely. You may be able to remove a panel above the stereo and look down upon the unit.
Note: 2014 Acura RLX, 2014 RDX and 2014 MDX do not require an unlock code for system initiation. Please refer to your Owner's Manual for instructions for these models.
1. Once you have your VIN and serial number, enter this at the top of the page, select your car model, and then click "Get Radio Code".
2. Enter your email address for us to send your unique unlock code.
3. Complete the payment process.
4. Your unlock code will sent to your email. If you can't find the email in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
Note: 99% of codes are sent within 10 minutes. However, it may take up to 2 hours for your code to be verified and sent.
1. Turn the car ignition to ON.
2. Turn your car radio ON. It should read "COdE" like in Step 2.2. If it does not, remove the backup fuse, reinsert and try again after a minute.
3. Use the 1-6 buttons below the screen to input the 5 digit code you generated with unlockcarstereo.com.
4. Success! Your radio should be unlocked.
Fast service and easy process.
December 28, 2022
Fast and efficient service. Code worked great.
December 31, 2022
Great service, was able to get my code to unlock the radio on my Honda Civic quickly.
December 18, 2022
Unlockcarstereo.com provided fast and efficient service to unlock my Honda civics radio.
January 1, 2023
Las instrucciones eran confusas, pero el código funcionó.
December 19, 2022